Computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
I have a computer problem that I can't figure out. I've searched for all kinds of answers but I can't seem to get it working. Here are the errors I'm getting.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP 0x00000D1 (0XOD59A438,0X00000002,0X00000000,0XF6EE8F27)

Ntfs.sys - adress F6EE8F 27 base at F6EDF000, Datestamp 41107eea

I have a windows recovery cd but when I try to load it up it just hangs there and gets nowhere. I've read to put a xp cd in there and hit r and it would repair it. I only had a copy of xp pro and that also hangs, so I'm not sure if a xp home would do the same thing. My version is xp home.

And also I found this while searching, I'm not sure if it would work or which one to download.

NTFS.sys error 0x024- Tips and Tricks - www.retosphere.de

need more specific info, ie., hardware and software (os)

this seems to be a mobo/port/drive related issue

this appears to be fixable by following/using:
How to obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks

you may need to familiarize yourself with the extract command

this could also corruption on the hd that can only be fixed by reinstalling, deleting/recreating partition and using full format

My mobo is a ASUS A8V-E Deluxe

Windows xp home edition

HD is Hitachi Deskstar

Video card is Nvidia Geforce 6600gt

CPU is AMD athlon 3200+

it 's either bad ram, something in the wrong slot (I.E. pci slot, sata slots) or programs conflicting

I have 2 slots fo ram, I took each one out and nothing changed. The only thing that I've done is put in a new NIC card, then a couple hours later I get a blue screen of death and I could never get back into windows. I had this computer for almost 3 years, and it was fine until now. I don't make much changes to it. I've taken that NIC card and it still happens. So I'm guessing that it somehow did something.

Boot from the CD, hit Enter (not "R"), F8 to accept, THEN hit "R" to do a repair installation.

Eric's right, though. It is probably conflicting programs.

That's the problem, I don't have an xp home cd, I only have a recovery cd which I got with the computer. Is there any other way to repair it?

It has something to do with your NIC card you just installed. As you said it happened after you installed the new NIC. So have you removed all the old NIC card drivers? I bet that is what is causing this conflict.

I can't get into windows so I don't think there's a way to remove the NIC drivers. I can't load windows, I can't install windows. I was thinking of formatting but I can only do it without a cd and I'm not sure how. And if I did format could I use my recovery cd to reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom