Computer Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2004, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to Mattie_kins
Default Computer Problem

I downloaded a file off Kazaa and I am now having a problem deleting it. I have tried everything i can think of. I have tried in safe mode and it still wont delete. I have virus checked my whole computer and still turns up nothin. When i try to do something with the file it make explorer use up 100% of my processor usage. It says the file is being used by someone else or another program but I am the only one logged on and there is nothing using it.I sure there has to be some way to fix this ****. Any help?????

Old 03-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

First off, get that **** off your PC... it's junk.

Now to help...

Log in to Windows (I'm assuming XP?) and open your Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab, and End the explorer.exe process. This will close out everything and should leave only the Task Manager and _maybe_ your desktop background showing. From the File menu of Task Manager, select 'New Task' and type in cmd (or cmd.exe) - which will bring up a Command Prompt. Navigate to where the file resides on your machine and 'del <filename>' - has worked like a champ for me every time.
Closed Thread