Computer loads "To Begin, Click Username" but w/out any usernames to click!

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
the comcast guy came over and installed something off a cd of his. well his cd had me online for a while untill i tried to set up my network. after trying to set it up my main computer failed to recognize the network (it did recognize it before) and it couldnt be connected back to the internet. now my windows doesnt boot properly and it asks me to select a user profile to log in. there are no profiles to select to log in with. If i hit alt cntrl dlt 2x it will ask me for a password to possibly one of my old user names.

I need some ideas to how i can get back to my desktop and then how to set up my network.

Have you tried to boot into safe mode? That would be my first suggestion and see how the log on is setup.

I don't know how to boot in safe mode, I couldnt find it in BIOS, saw nothing regarding it upon bootup, and hit most of the F# keys.

After you see the BIOS but before the XP Boot screen you need to hit F8 to bring up the advanced boot options. Try that out and see if you can check how users log on from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom