Computer keeps restarting itself. (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHammerSmashFAce

Beta member
Ok, so I believe it is because of having 2 anti virus protections.
Because it happened within 10 minutes of the 2nd one being installed.

I understand they contradict and cause the computer to be vulnerable.
But I was trying to get rid of bitdefender '09 before I put the KasperSky on.
Didn't work out as planned, now I am using my eMachine to post this.

How do I get on long enough to stop it from restarting or too delete BitDefender '09?

This is some info regarding what is happening.

I start the computer, I get to the login page of Windows and login.
Everything starts loading as normal and about a minute later it just completely restarts with no warning or anything.
I've tried logging into a different account, and it always does it.

Thanks!

Go into Safe Mode. Hit F8 after the BIOS flash screen. That will bring up the boot options. Choose Safe Mode and remove BitDefender.

Moved to Windows. Not a hardware related issue.

Try safe mode, it will get you in to Windows but not start any extra apps. You can then uninstall what you don't need. That should remove any annoying or broken apps that are causing the restart.

If it still restarts, it may be a hardware issue, I had a motherboard in my old computer that would restart, no matter what OS was on it, no matter if I reinstalled, it just restarted all the time, eventually it just stopped working completely. It may be a sign of motherboard failure as well (this was like a 9 year old PC though, so if yours is newer, probably not the problem).

by default, windows is set to restart after a system crash. This could be triggering the reboot. you change turn this off by going into system preferences from control panel and click advanced. then click settings under startup and recovery. Then uncheck automatically restart.

i don't know if this holds true for vista. 2k and xp are confirmed though

Yes Vista also has the Auto Restart after System ceash by Default. As does Windows 7 to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom