Computer just freezes for nothing. What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerEhrin

Solid State Member
Hi all. Im new to the forum. My name is Igor. I have a dilema. Sinse 3 days ago my computer started randomly freezing in the middle of doing things. First I was loading a google news site and my computer froze, ctrl alt del didnt work, so I had to manually switch off the power. Then I started running my McAfee virus scan and it froze in the middle of that.

Soo... im left to wonder what the hell is wrong here? I update my virus definitions every day. Virus scan every 3 days. I run Ad-Aware every night. I dont use kazaa or any p2p, I havent installed anything in the past week. So what the hell is my computers problem?

Is there any software app that will run through and check if my windows xp pro is corrupt? or what should i do?

Thanks!

- Danger Ehrin (Igor)

Sounds like you could be expierencing a hardware problem. I would start off by running memtest (download is in my signature) and let it run overnight to rule out defective memory. Do that, then post back your results

Look through the event viewer (under admin tools in control panel), look for any errors in that.

looks like memory/processor problem.. One of the ways you can identify is that does it turn off when running intensive programs?? if so, find out which hardware it's using at the moment, if it's hard drive, you prob have a hard drive problem..

another thing, did you upgrade your system lately? if so, you better be careful of your power supply, as my last system fried because it can't supply enough power, my power supply literally burst into flames after about 3 monthes of upgrade.. and before that happened, it just freeze and shuts down randomly..

Well Im too stupid to understand how to run memtest. But here is my event viewer errors and warnings.

warnings.jpg

then those yellow warnings say this

warnings1.jpg

Also i have a couple of these

error2.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Try using some other spyware tools. Spybot search and destroy, Hijack this and even the Microsoft Antispyware beta are all good. Adaware doesnt catch all spyware. Running others might help find some that adaware didnt find and that might help you out. Other than that try shuting down some programs that are running so you have only the essintial programs you need running and then run your virus scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom