Computer Freezes while running most games

joe8080

Beta member
I have been dealing with an issue for a while now (over a year) where my computer will freeze/BSOD while running most games (crashing during games such as rainbow six: Siege, Hades, and oldschool runescape. Not crashing only during very light games such as Hearthstone, MtG Arena, and The Binding of Isaac), I have replaced the video card since the issue started, as well as having tried replacing the ram to no avail. when it bluescreens I get the stop codes unexpected kernel mode trap and kmode exception not handled. My build is as follows:

cpu: AMD FX9590, liquid cooled
GPU: AMD r9 fury
motherboard: asus crosshair v formula z
PSU: Corsair rm 1000x
ram: corsair XMS3

I have tried all of the commonly recommended things in other threads and pages such as updating drivers, running the memory diagnostic tool, and others. It is also not a temperature issue, as I have monitored all of my temps right up until freezes using open hardware monitor.

Heat issues perhaps? I would recommend keeping an eye on your GPU or CPU temperatures. I have this problem with my older gaming laptop - my temps were creeping into the 90's (Celcius) and causing many of the same symptoms you describe. For me it was as easy as buying a laptop cooler.

It's really frustrating; Computer freezes while we are playing a game. This may be also caused due System File Corruption. To see, if there' re any system files missing or corrupted, run "System File Checker". Secondly, due to overheating, hardware failure can cause a system freeze. If you find Computer freezes up randomly, it is also useful to check your registry for any fault.

Back
Top Bottom