Computer Freezes on Startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd144

Beta member
I have a problem.
When I boot up the computer, it takes me to the log in screen as usual, but when i try to load in, the screen freezes and i cant do anything accept press the reset button, sometimes however it loads up for about 5 minutes.

However I can still get into safe mode.

At first I thought it was nothing and just a regular crash, but i tried restarting several times but to no avail.

I tried system restoring to january 6th and the problem was still occuring.

So i decided to go to an earlier version of my computer which was created by norton ghost, but the problem was still occuring.

I tried removing all non essential hardware and swapping the graphics card but still nothing is working.

My PC specs are:-
Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ
1GB DDR 400 Ram
ABIT 256 MB Graphics Card
300GB HDD

and the operating system is Windows XP Professional with service pack 2.

Please HELP!

Looks like the problem is with some computer hardware rather than XP. (As you have tried restoring from ghost image).

Boot into safe OS and open the device-manager and look for any warnings (! mark on devices).

Also you could scan the eventvwr for any errors.

--Vikas

P.S. Could be related to SP2, you never know

Try this:

Boot into safemode, then reconfigure your security/anti-virus program to NOT boot on startup. Then try booting. It's always worth a try. (Maybe something else more recently loaded is causing a dll conflict, etc.) I'd also do a full virus/trojan scan and a full adware scan (try AdAware or whatever you have).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom