Computer freezes and black outs due to certain programs and 'drag and drop'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have the windows 98 boot disk in, remember the floppy you made? take that out and then make sure in the bios it is set to boot from cd drive

The file says something about being installed, and driver UBS not found, it said something initially about USB drivers not found, then it said dr dos:A:\

I didn't have a floppy in the drive at the time.

EDITEDITEDIT....

Corrected my mistake, i was trying to import from the second folder, I'll just continue this until I get the right file for the driver... thank you again for all of your help.

no luck so far,

There are only two folders on the floppy, one folder is labeled PIDE and the other RAID. I have tried the subfolders in the each that are labeled WIndows XP, and another two from a folder that is labeled 2003 or something like that. There are also subfolders in each main folder labeled win98, and win NT that I haven't tried yet because I ran out of cds.

Right now i'm booting from the IDE hard drive and the RAID HD's aren't even connected but the problem remains.....

Is it possible that this is a hardware problem, possibly with my Processor?

Ok, I finally figured out the problem.

After booting from the IDE drive I assumed that since the problem remained I needed to change something in and/or flash the BIOS, which I eventually did. The MOBO built-in overclocking feature was enabled and set to optimized but the while the CPU frequency was higher the CPU ratio was not altered which caused the discrepancy.

I appreciate all of your help, at least now I know how to use nLite for future references lol.

Just glad to get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom