Status
Not open for further replies.

freezy

Solid State Member
Pentium 4, 3 G.HZ
Motherboard = ASUS P5S800-VM
Graphic Card = ASUS A9550 GE
Windows XP all updated

Soon I insert the USB external drive, computer freezes.
Updated the bios latest
Formated the hard drive and reinstalled.
Any help is appriciated

have you tried differnent usb plugs on your computer and does it happen in every one. i.e. front oned vs backside ones? Do other usb devices cause your machine to freeze?

Have you tried isntalled you chipset drivers from your mother board manufacturer's site?

Yes
After installing Windows XP, 1st of all I did install the Chip set driver from the original motherboard Cd, then install the drivers of graphic card.

I have a Sea gate Free Agent Pro USB 2.0, 500 G.B, external.
It works on other computer, I did scan, It is virus free inside datas, programs, videos, pictures etc.
1st time computer did not freeze. and Installed its freeagent tools, and transfered some programs and datas to computer's internal hard drive.
I have just back side built in usb port. doesnt front side usb port.
From other forum i got a patch S3USB registration entry. I tried that. but useless. After rebooting computer fix the registration entry by itself.
Should I try to change the factory default bios driver, or one second latest.
Any suggestion.
Is there any program which I can run to find the exact mother board test?

Thanks

Yes
After installing Windows XP, 1st of all I did install the Chip set driver from the original motherboard Cd, then install the drivers of graphic card.
I have a Sea gate Free Agent Pro USB 2.0, 500 G.B, external.
It works on other computer, I did scan, It is virus free inside datas, programs, videos, pictures etc.
1st time computer did not freeze. and Installed its freeagent tools, and transfered some programs and datas to computer's internal hard drive.
I have just back side built in usb port. doesnt front side usb port.
From other forum i got a patch S3USB registration entry. I tried that. but useless. After rebooting computer fix the registration entry by itself.
Should I try to change the factory default bios driver, or one second latest.
Any suggestion.
Is there any program which I can run to find the exact mother board test?

Thanks

to find the exact model of the motherboard? Try Everest Home Edition

i'm asking because u already posted that in the OP so i'm wondering if thats what ur asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom