Computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunkindonughts1

Baseband Member
Hello everyone!

I am running windows 98se.

When im on my computer, surfing the web, etc, my computer all the suddenly freezes! I cant move the mouse or anything. I have to reset the computer manually. I did scandisk , scanreg /fix defragged and diskclean up and im out of opitions!

Please help a idiot out!

Thank you.

-dunkindounughts.

My computer is not infected with spyware or viruses. I looked through HJT and found nothing unusual. I ran my antivirus and Adaware and Spybot with nothing.

not to be rude but the only thing i have to say is UPGRADE the simplest thing u could do is get more ram but depending on your price range i would say a whole new comp cause it seems like ur computer just cant handle todays resource intensive applications . i dont know for sure but it may just be on the outs

hmm , maybe more RAM will be good.

all im running is

AIM
Opera
windows media player 6.4
frostwire

i have like 80% resources left using these programs.

The best advice and I think many would agree, is to upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional. Win2000 will run perfectly on that low-end machine and I recommend it, compare to Windows 98 which is a crap version of Windows next to ME.

*EDIT*

Take note of the device manager and the device listed there, it'll be good help when you need certain drivers.

Hello again.

Could I just use a upgrade cd or would i haft to wipe it and start over because this is a gateway and it only came with restore disks and stuff.

I most likely could get a 2000 pro upgrade cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom