computer freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayaseattle

In Runtime
my computer freezes after 15 min of use...

(i use a 3d program..)

PIII 733 mhz
512 ram
radeon video card

any reasons why..?

thanks

hmm..so how do i found out what power is my comp running on..and if i take it to a shop..will they change it ?..how expensive is this?

well , before checking for the power supply, try clearing the startup items using msconfig and check that you do not have any spyware software installed on your computer . scan for virus and clear the temporary files, internet cookies and temporary internet files.

thanks..i will clean the virus stuff...and then see if it still hangs...

ok..so lets suppose its the power supply problem...

if i buy a new one..which is a good one to buy..which company and what kind do i need....i do graphic intensive work..mostly 3d...

i have a
pc III
733 mhz
512 ram

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CUSL2 REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS CUSL2 ACPI BIOS Revision 1001.A 06/21/2000

Also

whilst we on this topic....what do you all think of this board that I have...?...is it any good...worth the trouble to actually build something with it...? (asus tek listed above)

is it possible to know the model nos without opening up the computer...any software that reads details of your hardware installed..(i have Belarc..but that dosent give you ALL the details)..i want to know what power supply i have..how many watts...
follow up

1. i have no idea how to run msconfig..(if you mean go to start-run-msconfig..i did that but it cant find the libraries
2. i ran avg free edition for viruses..didnt find any
3. i have cleaner 4.1...didnt find anything
4. spybot does find something known as dso exploit under
HKEY/

sooooo..i did have the trojan 32 virus but that hasnt shown up lately on Avg scan...

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom