Computer does not boot anymore!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhonjo

Baseband Member
Well this is actually my friends problem but wat happened was that he left computer on last night and came back in the morning and it was frozen. So he restarted it and nothing appears on the screen! He reset the bio too and it was still the same result. He checked all the connection but nothing really changed anything. When you turn on the power, the psu does run. It just doesn't show anything on the screen.
any suggestions????

WE did check the connection!

So the PSU run but do you hear the machine beep as though it ran the pre-boot BIOS POST? Other than that the only thing i can think of is a corrupt Video driver or virus.

If it is a video driver and you dont use a video card go back to onboard video and see if that works. If it is on board try a video card.

If its a virus you can try to run a virus scan but not many apps offer a self boot scanner as far as i know.

unplug hdd and ram. disconnect battery and clear cmos. turn it back on. it will beep since no ram and hdd is connected. do it one more time and turn it off. hook hdd and ram back up. turn it back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom