Computer Diagnosis Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completenoob

Solid State Member
My new computer just isnt stable at all. Every few minutes it freezes in win xp and sometimes it doesnt even boot up to xp before freezing. Is there any programs out there that can find whats wrong and causing all these freezes? I tried Mem test 86 but it wont boot up and i cant figure that program out. Any help will be greatly appreiciated!

BTW my specs are AMD 64 3500+, 1 gig of crucial 3200 ram, 250 gig maxtor hd, msi k8NEO2 platinum, BFG 6800GT, sony dru-540a.

I'm thinking that you either have heat issues, poor power distribution, or you have a hardware resource conflict.

Check your System/CPU temps, try a new PSU, update your BIOS... Also, go into your Device Manager, and come back with what devices are using what IRQ number.

I'm pretty sure the temp is around 40-41c. For the power i made sure each device has either its own cable, or uses the first plug in the series. I'll try out that IRQ thing and post it here in a few.

I have the same problem with my sorry ask Msi mobo. my solution is get thinner ide cable, I moved my dvd burner and my dvd rom up to the top 2 slots. I added an extra fan and I made sure my chipset weren't cover by mi pci cards. it worked fine after that

All my IRQ setting are on AUTO. I dont even know what IRQ is, it says stuff about pci, but i dont have anything taking up any pci slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom