Computer Constantly Skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw P

Baseband Member
Hello everyone. I hope I posted this in the correct section. I am experiencing a major problem with my computer. Everything is skipping, from my music to my mouse on the desktop. Every 2-3 seconds it skips. It skips even when my cpu usage is 20% (bigger spikes with 100%) and I do not know how to fix it. It just started to happen today. I have tried a few things: defragmented my hdd (O&O Defrag), ran anti-virus and anti-spyware software in safe mode (NOD32 & Spybot), and cleaned my registry (CCleaner) but none helped out. Anyone have any other suggestions or solutions as to why my computer is skipping? Should I post a HijackThis report? Thank you in advance.

--Raw P

Hello,

Have you cleaned your Mouse? Have you got the right drivers for your system? Have you updated your drivers?

Cheers,
Mak

I know it's not my mouse because the entire computer skips. I will check for driver updates now.

edit: I have a graphics card but my sound is onboard. I can't think of any significant changes.

--Raw P

Hello,

Are you sure the heat isnt causing you issues? Have you turned off the PC for a period of time then come back to it to see if it will do it from a cold boot?

Cheers,
Mak

It possibly could be heat. But I never bothered with it because my CPU temperature is at constant 35-40, but perhaps something else is heating up.

--Raw P

Hello,

Could be your CPU is overheating. Could be the hard drives as well. Could be that your GFX card is dying which is causing this. Might want to try your onboard video and see if the problem exists with that as well as your GFX card. If so then i would look at the temps of your CPU and Hard drives.

Cheers,
Mak

How would I go about checking temperatures of my hardware? I am only aware of checking the CPU temperature.

--Raw P

Hello,

Can use things like CoreTemp, HDD Life among various other tools. Most of them are in the hardware section in various threads on how to check temps. Just try the search feature to see if you can find some of those threads or start a new one.

Cheers,
Mak

You can tell if its overheating by feeling the heatsink for the CPU, I have seen machines before that I could about burn my finger on the CPU heatsink and the computer was extremely slow and sometimes shut off to protect itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom