Computer being so slow lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamme

Banned
I had posted this in networking but it has like 3 views after 24 hours.

Relevant to this forum section: So, all of a sudden (not slowly, but instant instead) my computer is taking 3 minutes longer to boot up. No hardware or software changes lately.

I have cleaned up my PC pretty recently (unneeded registry, defrag, duped files, etc.). No viruses. Just seems to be no reason.

Irrelevant to this forum section: my internet now takes upwards of 2 minutes to load some pages (I have reset modem).

You already have a topic up. No need for multiple topics on the same issue. Other topic locked.

Maybe you deleted some necessary registry files when you were cleaning up? Maybe you do have a bug but its not being found? What does task manager say is taking up most of the resources? How many things do you ahve loading on startup? Do you have all up to date drivers? Have you defragged lately?

Osiris Spyware Guide

Next time try not to be so aggressive about getting help and your comments; we're not getting paid to do this you know, this is volunteer work. Keep the attitude up and your stay won't be long here.

So I'm guessing you're not going to contribute?

Either start to treat people nicely or action will be taken. We are volunteers here and we dont need attitude from people are coming HERE asking US for help.

That will be enough of the attitude.

You might want to go through the guide Carnage gave a link for. You also may want to check for heavy dust on the processor heatsink, enough dust can cause it to slow do to keep from overheating...

OK: No viruses/spyware and I already said I defragged. And there is no dust on anything. Drivers are up to date.

Do you scan with a single piece of software? Scanning with a single application is not going to confirm this. We use several pieces of software to scan multiple times to ensure this is true.

If you do not wish to follow our advice then there isnt much we can say.

Try running Msconfig and removing items from your startup. If you are happy with the results of yoru scan then that will be your best option.

Forget it, it's fine again, coincidentally at the same time I installed my new PSU.

and btw vernong1992, I wasn't flaming carnage, I was simply asking him if he was going to give me any advice.

Forget it, it's fine again, coincidentally at the same time I installed my new PSU.

and btw vernong1992, I wasn't flaming carnage, I was simply asking him if he was going to give me any advice.

It was taken as an aggressive comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom