Is the CompTIA A+ exam worth taking a class for?

Lalien

Solid State Member
I was planning on rushing towards my associate's to graduate in August. But I did the numbers very poorly it seems that I won't graduate until fall semester. So I was thinking that since I'm not graduating anyways I'll just take these two classes that'll prepare me for the A+ certification exam. And have my other two classes be for my degree.

I want to jump into my career ASAP, and let's just face it. It's going to be awhile before I'm ready to be a web developer(I have yet to find my niche) and my degree carries next to no weight in the job market.

So instead of just piling up more programming classes and filling up my mind with new languages instead of refining the ones I already know. I can just take a break from the classes to increase my skill-set.

I have this 1100 page book that is basically an exam guide and it insists that I'll pass if I know it from the inside out but I'm just not sure. I learn so much better in a class environment where I'm actually working for a grade.

What should I do?

A+ is definitely a good start. Since you are in programming, they do have specific certifications for programming.

I completely agree with your thought process, you should get as much experience and knowledge as possible before graduation date. If possible try to land a job before graduation - even if it's part time to get your feet wet.

A+ is a great start, I personally wouldn't take a class for it, I would just purchase the book read and take the exam. A+ is simple enough you should be able to do that.

Back
Top Bottom