compression and clone software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunraider5000

Solid State Member
I wanted to know if anyone was familar with Norton Ghost and if so, how well it works. I am about to get a new hard drive and don't want to clean install all over again.

Also, anyone know of a program that compresses gigs of data into megs so that I could create backup's of huge files on cdr's and later on if i needed any backed up data, install the program and decompress to my drive. Is there a such thing?

Anyone know of a program in which I can create a quick restore, meaning if something ever happened to the computer I could go back to a previous date when the computer was running fine and restore to that time period.

hi
yes norton ghost is a good software and you can make a mirror image of any HDD to another HDD and that too of the same size

and it is not a guarantee that the operating system can be installed properly as i have always face some kind of problem after a certain period of time

and there is a risk if the transfer process is stopped in betwwen then both the disks are completely formatted
so be carefull while doing it

anyways you can do a complete transfer in few minutes instead of a tedious installing hrs

as far as coverting gigs into megs .. i believe i really don't know about the software which does so much commpression without some data loss but if you find something do post the name over here

thanks & regards

Hey Norton Ghost works fine..... It saved my work when once I have to setup a lab of around 30 computers and each one had win2k, Redhat Linux 6.0 and Hell lot of softwares like Oracle and programming languages...... could you think of the amount of work if I never had the Norton ghost..! I was really happy find both Operating Systems working fine.... So I trust it..

what you want is to split up the large files into pieces. this process is called spanning by creating volumes. winACE is the best program for the job. it has a very strong compression engine. you need all the volumes to decompress the original file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom