Complicated problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blown-Upp

Beta member
I recently got a IBM Thinkpad R52 which has a superviser password that I don't know, and the boot order is set to just the main HD. In the installed XP system, I can only log in as a basic User with the most basic privledges.

I need to way to reset either the BIOS password or the Administrator password without rebooting or installing any programs (that's dissabled :-()

Sending the laptop away is also out of the question.

Thanks for any help.

erm.. i'm sure you didn't "buy" it? if you did, then they should give you admin password..

if this is for an organization, you shouldn't try to overcome the admin password, as i'm sure hte restrictions are there for you to not damage anything..

other than that, please give more details :D bios password is a bit harder to reset, especially if you have a laptop, as it involves tinkering with memory and such..

i'm not sure about admin password, i've never tried anything like that :|

School laptop program. They've gone to far in limiting what we can do...

Not sure what you mean by details but here it goes:
- Can get into BIOS, just can't change options
- Windows XP can only log in as user sence I don't know the admin password
- The default boot sequence is just the HD as first and nothing else (like I said, it can't be changed)

Not really sure what else you want...

mmm.. school laptop, well, better check to see why you can't have more privilage (as the laptop is owned by the school right? so they own the rights to it also)..

BIOS: i only know how to change password (that was when i forgot my password on a 5 years old problem, after hours of searching finally found it)..

Admin password: check google, i'm not sure, as there were never a need for me..

again, i'm not really sure why you can't change it.. it sounds wierd to me, as i have never seen an option that can do that :|

It's not the school's, they're ours, sence we bought them. They just mass buy them from IBM so we don't have to pay as much, and in the process they severly cripple them.

They're our machines, just bought through the school for a lower price.

go and ask for the restoration disk :D if you own it, they should provide everything pertaining to the unit..

or load your own OS if you want :D nad if you have the drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom