Completely lost as to what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

poiterr

Beta member
Hi guys,

This is my first post here so forgive me if it is in the wrong section etc.

So I have an Acer Aspire 1830 which used to belong to my school,

The tech department have customised there own BIOS and made many modifications to the OS and what not,
I was trying to access the BIOS too boot from a USB so i could format and install a non-modified version of windows 7. On boot up I pressed F2 as per usual and it came up asking for a password, i tried to guess a few but none were right so restarted the system.

Upon the next boot up I did not try to access the BIOS as I was just going to access the usb through the OS. Instead of showing up with the normal windows 7 icon it proceeded to tell me that BOOTMGR is missing and to press ctrl+alt+delete to restart, this is all it does and as I cannot access the BIOS there is literally no way around the problem

I have tried opening up the laptop, removing the BIOS battery for an extended amount of time and replacing it to see if it reset the BIOS password but unfortunately it did not. I also looked for the switches that reset the BIOS but could not find any trace of them

So basically i have nil access to the OS or the BIOS which leaves me stumped as to how i can possibly get around this, I have read documents of how to flash the BIOS with a USB but these need access to either the BIOS or the OS and also the fact that I cannot change the boot order of the drives.

If anyone could help me I would be over the moon with joy.

Cheers, Pete

Sorry but the only option you have is contacting the school and the IT dept and having them either input the password for you or removing the password.

Simple answer - you don't. Those security measures are in place for a reason. If you have beef with that talk with your school's IT department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom