Compiz-Fusion--quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
Is there a Windows equivalent to this program? If so, where can I find more information?

Thanks

No there is no Windows equivalent. Wrong forum. Should be in Windows since you are asking about Windows. Not Linux.

The closest thing I've seen is DeskSpace and TopDesk by the same company. But they're not free and they don't give you anywhere near the functionality of Compiz. DeskSpace basically just gives you a spinning cube that isn't quite as good as the one in Compiz, and TopDesk gives you window management similar to Expose.

It's $30 for both.

I also found a freeware program called ZoomIt that allows you to use your mouse wheel to zoom into your desktop. You just unzip it to a directory and run the file in the background. You can put a link to it in your Startup folder to have it automatically run at start up. But again, this doesn't work as well as the enhanced zoom plugin in Compiz.

If you search around, you can find various programs that make Windows act similar to some of the different Compiz/Fusion plugins.

I tried the spinning cube, but its too sluggish on even my computer. Plus the effects were horrible and had no reflections and textures were a bit odd.

But its a start. Doubt it will get anywhere 'cause windows doesn't have the ability to be radically changed by third-party software like Linux does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom