compatible??? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2003, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default compatible???

hey all,

i just bought a new msi motherboard, a K7N2 Delta Series. i hooked up all my stuff, athalon xp 2600+, geforce4 ti4600 [nvidia-asylum] and my western digital 60 gig, and a generic 512mb ram. everything worked nice, i formatted and installed win2k. when i install my geforce drivers, it goes to reboot and after loading at the win2k screen it flashes a blue screen and then reboots. i go to the advanced startup options, and go with the vga mode and it boots up fine, i know because of this that it is my video card drivers, but what is the problem with that. are they outdated, not compatible with a mobo with an nvidia chipset? please answer i have gone without my computer for way too long and need it for school.

thanks so much

Old 10-01-2003, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Vile Send a message via Yahoo to Vile

Are there any error messages during the blue screen?
The most common blue screen in Win 2K/XP I've seen is when it does a memory dump, but when this happens there is usually an error message given.

Administrator & Webmaster:
MegaGames | MegaGames Forum
Old 10-01-2003, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yes there is a blue screen error message, but it flashes too quickly to read. i saw something about physical memory and then it reboots. i have watched this a million times trying to read what it says but i cant.

thanks for your reply
Old 10-01-2003, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

hey guys,
thanks but i already fixed the problem.
it seemed like the drivers so i went into vga mode and unistalled them and loaded a newer set.

thanks anyways guys
Closed Thread