Comp Turns On after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

plutobill2

Beta member
Im using a dell Dim 4600 running 1.5 crucial RAM p4 2.4gHz.
Out of nowhere it started to power on automatically after shutdown. I checked all connections and cables and they are fine. Then checked the auto power on in the bios and it is disabled. Dell told me (after 3 excruciating hours on the phone!) that it was an inadequate power supply. I had recently upgraded my graphics card to an ATI Radeon x800 and thought this sounded right because I was using a 250 watt PS. So I put in a 550 watt PS and the same thing keeps happening. This leads me to believe that it is software related and has something to do with windows XP. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, I'm new here. How is everyone doing?

plutobill2 said:
Im using a dell Dim 4600 running 1.5 crucial RAM p4 2.4gHz.
Out of nowhere it started to power on automatically after shutdown. I checked all connections and cables and they are fine. Then checked the auto power on in the bios and it is disabled. Dell told me (after 3 excruciating hours on the phone!) that it was an inadequate power supply. I had recently upgraded my graphics card to an ATI Radeon x800 and thought this sounded right because I was using a 250 watt PS. So I put in a 550 watt PS and the same thing keeps happening. This leads me to believe that it is software related and has something to do with windows XP. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, I'm new here. How is everyone doing?

right click my computer , properties, this opens up system properties.

click the advanced tab. startup and recovery button.

in there under the heading "system failure" uncheck automatically restart. I bet when you shut down you are getting a blue screen and it is restarting too fast for you to read it.

repost with results for further assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom