Comp get stuck but not frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermarx

Solid State Member
I have been having a rather strange problem with stability with my computer since I built it. Often, when a program that is full screen hangs, when I bring up the task manager it does not minimize said program. I can tell that the task manager is up because my mouse changes from hourglass to regular cursor when over part of the screen. I usually can't hear the CPU working either; it's like the whole thing is just sitting there doing nothing. I usually have to hard restart. I am thinking it might be a mobo problem; I am using an asus p5b deluxe.

(in an unrelated note, when I run fullscreen games there will be a flickering white line along and edge areas where a window before I went fullscreen. I don't know if it's due to the same problem.)

c2duo e6600
Nvidia 8800 GTS
2gb ram

only significant thing running is zonealarm security suite

sounds like your explorer is not working properly. when it does this, can you Ctrl+D (show desktop), back out? You will probably need task manager running to do so. Also, if you know task manager is running, then try Alt-Tab to move to it.

Does this do anything? or is it still staying up?

I have this happen alot with GRAW. I have to open up task manager, and Ctrl+D or Alt+Tab to my task manager, sometimes it takes multiple attempts. and then manually shut down the graw.exe process from the task manager. It then closes, and all is good.

alt-tab never works, ctrl-d doesn't seem to do anything in general. Is there a way I could fix explorer or something? (Thanks for reply :) )

Before reinstalling maybe check your hardware, make sure everything is seated properly, then go into greater depth with doing a windows repair. is it only when games are played? when does it occur most often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom