Comodo Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to start>run and ty7pe regedit and hit enter. From there a window will open. From there highlite "my computer" and select edit and then select find. type in comodo and then select find. Once you find an entry, delete it. then hit find again or f3 key until next entry to delete. Keep doing this until you come to the end of the registry. When done, all entries of comodo should be removed.

go to start>run and ty7pe regedit and hit enter. From there a window will open. From there highlite "my computer" and select edit and then select find. type in comodo and then select find. Once you find an entry, delete it. then hit find again or f3 key until next entry to delete. Keep doing this until you come to the end of the registry. When done, all entries of comodo should be removed.

thanks, thats really helpful.
but im not sure which drivers to uninstall.

You cant uninstall the drivers. You would have to go thru something like Revo Uninstall which you said doesnt work. There is no driver removeal applicaiton to remove driver from appliation installs.

Plus it should have been noted that manually editing the registry is tricky at best. Removing the wrong entry can prevent the OS from booting.

Did you already try to remove it via the add/remove programs?

yes.
and i tried to uninstall it using revo uninstaller.
doesnt work. :confused:

Plus why do you say you didnt remove it. I specifically asked if you had and you said YES. Now you say no. Which is it? Did you lie to me before or now?

I can not help if you do not tell me the truth.

You cant uninstall the drivers. You would have to go thru something like Revo Uninstall which you said doesnt work. There is no driver removeal applicaiton to remove driver from appliation installs.

Plus it should have been noted that manually editing the registry is tricky at best. Removing the wrong entry can prevent the OS from booting.

Plus why do you say you didnt remove it. I specifically asked if you had and you said YES. Now you say no. Which is it? Did you lie to me before or now?

I can not help if you do not tell me the truth.

sorry, i should have made myself more clear.
i didnt mean i had tried to uninstall it,
i meant i had looked there for an uninstaller.
sorry.
im just going to disable its defense system and firewall, remove it from my services and startup, stop it, delete all files related to comodo, then manually (and carefully) move through the registry and delete keys related to comodo.
also, i downloaded a file from the comodo forums that is supposed to uninstall *most* everything related to comodo. i was wondering if it would be smart to run this first or after i have done the above. you can download that file from this forum.

What is so hard about editing something in the registry called comodo? I have edited the registry this way a lot and have never had issues? If someone is not sure on whether to delete or not, you leave it alone. It's pretty common sense, JMO.

What is so hard about editing something in the registry called comodo? I have edited the registry this way a lot and have never had issues? If someone is not sure on whether to delete or not, you leave it alone. It's pretty common sense, JMO.

well, Makaveli213 is just looking out for us.
i appreciate his help and concern.
and just to let you know, weve got it covered. we dont need your help. :rolleyes:

well, Makaveli213 is just looking out for us.
i appreciate his help and concern.
and just to let you know, weve got it covered. we dont need your help. :rolleyes:

Well, just to let you know I would never come across the wrong way towards Mak and I am pretty sure he knows that, hence the JMO, No need to be rude with the :rolleyes: emoticon.

Well, just to let you know I would never come across the wrong way towards Mak and I am pretty sure he knows that, hence the JMO, No need to be rude with the :rolleyes: emoticon.

well, dont cry.
im just kidding. ;)
everyone has their opinions. :freak:

Okay let me clear this up right now. The issues that are coming about from removing Comodo with out a uninstaller is a big issue. Being a firewall it will block apps and everything from accessing the net.

Now removing the Registry entries before the application is uninstalled properly could prevent you from gaining access to the net when you restart next cause it will not boot the Comodo stuff cause it isnt there.

Which is a even bigger mess. Plus suggesting to manually edit the registry is never a good idea. You should always say that it is a task taken on by the best of hte best and shoudl be done with caution. Just 1 wrong move or entry adjusted can cause system failure.

While you may think that you are searching for Comodo you might adjsut a setting in the registry where Comodo has a entry and cause a problem with the system.

The registry in Windows is not a toy. It is the heart and soul of Windows. 1 wrong move can be deadly. Forcing a format and reinstall. That is why i made my comments.

I am not only looking out for Wale but you Celtic as if something would have gone wrong, Wale could have come back here saying you cause system failure. Not that he would. But he could have if something had gone wrong.

I hope this makes the whoel registry issue understandable now.

Wale did that Comodo uninstaller work? Is this done?

Okay let me clear this up right now. The issues that are coming about from removing Comodo with out a uninstaller is a big issue. Being a firewall it will block apps and everything from accessing the net.

Now removing the Registry entries before the application is uninstalled properly could prevent you from gaining access to the net when you restart next cause it will not boot the Comodo stuff cause it isnt there.

Which is a even bigger mess. Plus suggesting to manually edit the registry is never a good idea. You should always say that it is a task taken on by the best of hte best and shoudl be done with caution. Just 1 wrong move or entry adjusted can cause system failure.

While you may think that you are searching for Comodo you might adjsut a setting in the registry where Comodo has a entry and cause a problem with the system.

The registry in Windows is not a toy. It is the heart and soul of Windows. 1 wrong move can be deadly. Forcing a format and reinstall. That is why i made my comments.

I am not only looking out for Wale but you Celtic as if something would have gone wrong, Wale could have come back here saying you cause system failure. Not that he would. But he could have if something had gone wrong.

I hope this makes the whoel registry issue understandable now.

Wale did that Comodo uninstaller work? Is this done?

well, i havent uninstalled yet because i was waiting for a reply in this thread.
i know comodo firewall blocks applications from running and accessing the internet.
i once installed Safari and tried to remove Comodo without an uninstaller. When I tried running Safari, it wouldnt load any websites and i had to do a system restore.
Thats why Im going to disable comodo firewall before i try to uninstall/remove it.
If my registry can live with those comodo entries, then ill just leave it alone.
after i disable the firewall and defense, ill run the uninstaller i found (from here), then ill delete any files and folders (not registry keys) i find labled comodo.
does that sound good? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom