Comodo Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalesaver

Baseband Member
I installed Comodo Firewall about a month ago. Since then Ive been looking for an uninstaller. Revo Uninstaller doesnt help with Comodo Firewall and its not listed in my Programs and Features list (Vista). I would appreciate some help on uninstalling this. I found a topic on this already but I wasnt sure if it was right for me. Besides, I lost the url. :freak:
I know I need to uninstall drivers, delete registry keys, and delete anything that i know of related to comodo firewall and anything in searches for it.
I use Comodo Firewall Pro and i hate it. I would give the product version but it doesnt show in about. Im returning this after its uninstalled. :freak:

Check in the program folder. In there look for the Comodo firewall folder. There should be the uninstaller right in there.

Check in the program folder. In there look for the Comodo firewall folder. There should be the uninstaller right in there.

Ok but I dont see one.
Which one should I use?
Heres the contents (C:\Users\thewalesaver\Documents\Saved Programs\Comodo Firewall\Comodo\Firewall):

-Repair (folder)
-cfp
-cfplogvw
-cfpsbmit
-cfpupdat
-cmdagent
-crashrep
^^^^thats all in the repair folder.

-cfp
-cfpconfg
-cfplogvw
-cfpsbmit
-cfpupdat
-cmdagent
-crashrep

thats all thats there. and yes, my hidden files are showing. :confused:

You do not want to be in the user folder. Go under C:\Program Files\Comodo

In that folder you should find the uninstaller.

You do not want to be in the user folder. Go under C:\Program Files\Comodo

In that folder you should find the uninstaller.

you dont understand.
i checked there (hidden files showing).
no uninstaller.
i installed it in the place i told you (C:\Users\thewalesaver\Documents\Saved Programs\Comodo Firewall\Comodo\Firewall) so there is no Comodo folder in my program files.

there is a comodo folder in my program data folder (C:\ProgramData\comodo).
contents:

(> designates folder, - designates file)

*Common (Folder)
>DB *empty
>FileSubmission
-CFPFSQueueFile.que
>MarkSafe
-MarkSafeList.txt
>Pending
-PendingList.txt
>TVL
-trusted.tvl

Firewall Pro (Folder)
>cfplogdb.sdb

Did you already try to remove it via the add/remove programs?

Well tha tis why. You will never find the uninstaller now. It is gone from your attempt at removing it from the add/remove programs.

Now all you can do is delete the folders, and go into the registry manually. Or reinstall it and remove it Revo.

Cant uninstall something that is already uninstalled....

Well tha tis why. You will never find the uninstaller now. It is gone from your attempt at removing it from the add/remove programs.

Now all you can do is delete the folders, and go into the registry manually. Or reinstall it and remove it Revo.

Cant uninstall something that is already uninstalled....

but ive never tried to uninstall it before!
i only looked for the uninstaller in add/remove and revo.
looks like im doing it manually. ill go search more forums.
thanks. :umm:

i found an uninstaller in the comodo forums.
hopefully, this works.
any ideas on what registry keys, drivers, and files I should remove? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom