communications folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaldy12

Beta member
Just wondering guys how do you uninstall and reinstall communications folder win win2k and winxp... is there a valid document for these? thanks for the replies :) :)

??? I'm confused. Care to elaborate, what folder and where is it? are you talking about the start menu folder? cause that is just a bunch of pointers in there...

hmmm, in win98 and winme... you can uncheck the communications or dial up networking under add/programs windows set up window right?... how do you go about doing it in win2k and xp... the main issue is error 720 in dial up...modem is fine, line is fine, access numbers are good... latest thing i did is uninstall and reinstall tcp/ip and microsoft for clients networks... but still didn't go through... so the next step will be refreshing my communications/dial up networking folder...

I'm still a bit confused as to what you mean by that certain folder.

Whenever I have issues with networking that simple tweaking won't fix, I just uninstall and re-install the drivers for the card.

In an extreme case, I'll move it to the next PCI slot within the comp.

ok, so you want to reinstall the Windows compoenets for Networking and dialup? is that right? if that is the case, then uninstall your hardware, and remove all of the pieces from the Network connections properties of the Dialup connection. You also will need to delete all of the dialup connections and start over. I'm still not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, but If refreshing the communications drivers is about right, win2k and XP have all the built in, and so it's not really possible unless you do a SFC (system file check) and restore everything to the release level.
anyway, check this link and see if it helps you...

http://help.expedient.com/dialup/dun720.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom