command prompt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwy

Solid State Member
Hello,

I just got this comp. at CircuitCity. A T6522, not a bad machine so far I also have another T model wich runs good too.

Just having the after purchase fear of viruses, security and such.

I have two comps now, and are connected to a linksys wired 4 switch hub. Im not sure how secure it is, All I know is that both machines can connect and play games.

The other Master Comp I should secure more too, But this one I already see some stuff happening. Last night I saw bad lag in game, I log out to see heavy CPU usage and like 50 proccesses runing. I googled alot of them and most are actually safe to keep.

after a few minutes and reboot cpu usage was normal, maybe just game.

Now this morning, what made me make a post here is. I have actualy noticed this on other comp before as well. But it goes away.

After booting up, and once the comp gets to windows. A small Command prompt looking window pops up for a blink of an eye.
Too fast to see any text. Slow enough to see its black. I also checked in msconfig , I turned off some AOL things from starting up....but now theres some things checked that dont even have a name? I read somewhere that thing in startup list with no name or anything are noy good to disable. how can I find out what it is?

I m on my way to dll spybot and hijackthis or somthing.
Thanks for any help

you need to diable everything is msconfig>startup except your antivirus. 50 processes is ay to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom