Combining 2 Harddrives into one C: Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

V-tek

Baseband Member
Is there a tutorial on where to combine two harddrives into one C drive, my computer is giving me a message that my C: storage space is low.

Does the slave hard drive, have to be partioned, cause its a brand new Western Digital 250 gig, and when i hook it up as slave, it doesnt show up in the My Computer, but when i plug in another HD, it reads just fine

you should be able to see it in disk management and can partition and format it there. You also might want to look into ghosting your old harddrive and moving it to the new harddrive versus creating a spanned volume.

Norton Ghost is the one I have used. It works slick for a hard drive replacement. Dont know of any free ones but I am sure someone else around here does.

Okay that lil tutorial got me kinda confused, but i did find it on the disk manager, and i partioned it to an extended partion and now its displayed in the disk management as a new volume, how do i combine it with the existing C drive ?

you don't want to do, what you are trying to do. one day you will have 2 dead HDD's. that's always tend to happen in raid 0 setups

run windows on the 1st HDD and use the 250 as your documents folder

partition the 250 drive

You can move my document to the 2nd partition. Go to start right click my documents, click properties (you can only do it here) and select move. Move it to you second partition. when it ask you move your old documents, say yes

This will speed up disc performance plus if you have to reformat, you won't lose your data. Download all new things to the first drive and after a few weeks and you are sure they contain no virus or Trojan horses, then move them to the 2nd drive

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56137&highlight=how+to+keep+xp+fast+and+stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom