Color smearing in WMP 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
whenever i want to see a .wmv video in windows media player, most of the colors don't show and when they do, they are bland and sort of smeared. I've tried the hotfix that Microsoft made, but with no avail. when i had my 9500 Pro, this never happened. i'm thinking its the Nvidia drivers, but i really want to know how to fix it. has anyone else here had the same problems i've been having?

Which version of the nVidia drivers do you have. Might try the nforce beta drivers that are out there. I use those myself and they are better than the newest released version. Might want to also think of upgrading to WMP10. Just a thought maybe they fixed that when 10 was released.

no, it wasn't fixed with WMP 10 and i'm using the 77.72's. the 77.77's are official now, but i dont' think they fix the problem.

I am using the 80.40 Beta Forceware. I havent had any issue like that before. Is it with Anime or with all .wmv files? Maybe try to convert them to another file type. Something like avi or mpeg might get rid fo that problem.

For me the 80.40 are good. Have had a fwe quirks but they are few and far between. So my only suggestion is since it is for you .wmv file type, convert them to an avi or divx format and see if that works. Can also tyr something like the Divx player to see if you can watch them with no problem. Also nVidia released the 77.77 so you might try those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom