Color Quality Settings in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

topherus

Baseband Member
Just installed XP, and in Display Properties, under Color Quality, my only choice is lowest (4-bit). My graphics card is nVidia G-Force 200 2MX with a Gateway EV910 monitor - both are XP compatable. All XP drivers were downloaded from the manufacturers. It's interesting that the nVidia nView Desktop Manager icon in Control Panel doesn't open the configuration program. Clicking the icon does nothing. I'm getting headaches; it's like I'm looking through a screen door!
Oh, and btw, in Safe Mode, the Color Quality is set at 32-bit and the graphics are outstanding. Wish I could have this setting available in Normal Mode. Can anyone help?

K6-2 500 MHz Motherboard
Via MVP3 chipset
384 SDRAM

Device Manager shows no conflicts (except for an LPT1 problem).
Under Display, the correct driver is installed and it shows no conflicts. Windows should have installed the correct driver on initial installation which I believe it did, but I decided to get nVidia's. Consequently, the same problem. Something is screwing it up since the Color Quality is 32-bit in Safe Mode. I just don't know where else to look. Any diagnostic programs out there that might give me answers?

You can try uninstalling the driver then removing the video card from device manager and then rebooting and let it find it again.

How about a driver rollback from device manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom