COD5:WAW & Windows 7 Pro RTM Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Hi Everyone,

I know this is pretty new but i am willing to give it a try to see if anyone has experimented with this issue yet.

I have a Intel DG33TL motherboard with built in 7.1 surround sound. I have a 5.1 Surround sound system. I am running Windows 7 Pro RTM 64-bit. After installing the operating system all the drivers installed successfully without me looking for them (awesome!). Anyways, When I play COD5 my system crashes randomly it says CODWAW coop/campaign has stopped working...blah blah blah. I talked to Activision they said it looks like a driver conflict possibly with my sound.

I noticed that I can not configure my speakers in Windows 7 to play with my 5.1 surround system when testing each individual speaker but I can hear audio from all the speakers despite failing the test.

I tried Windows Vista 64-bit audio drivers without any success. I also tried the famous quick fix about adjusting the sound to 24Hz and 480000bits or something like that and it seemed to work but its continuing to crash.

Has anyone else had this issue with COD5 and any version of 64-bit Windows ?

Thanks for reading,

DUMMYTRON

Most likely you will have to wait till Intel releases updated drivers for the mother board to have your onboard sound be fully compatible with Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom