Close app with middle button

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc-fr34k

Solid State Member
Hi, I am very used to closing tabs with the middle button in FireFox, it even went this far that I was clicking on applications in the taskbar to close them. After a few clicks I figured I wasn't in FireFox. You can see how 'addicted' I am to this function. Now I was wondering if there is an application or if someone would/could code one that makes it possible to close apps with the middle button on your taskbar, and preferably also on the titlebar.
I think, that since the rightmouse->close function works the same with the taskbar as the titlebar this would be posible by additing the explorer shell. Or use another shell wich has this possibility.

So my main question is if there already is a plugin/prog/whole other shell that makes this possible.

Thanks, pc-fr34k

Btw, I am Dutch so excuse me for my English, I try to be as understandable as possible.

just use Alt+F4 or Ctrl+W
or you just have to live with it and you'll be tortured all your life that you can't close them with your middle button! haha! j/k

I think you have mistaking me, I ment that I want to close other applications on the taskbar with the middle button. I know about ALT-F4, but then you need to be in the app first.

write a simple mouse macro to do that. the Win32API is a bit complex to just write out a close option from a middle button function.
Good luck in your search...

I kind off figured it wasn't made already, but my knowledge of vb,c and other programming languages isn't that great. And if I would make a macro, issn't that a fixed place, or would it just activite something like: middle mouse button is pressed, now do right mouse, alt+f4.
That might actualy work, only I havn't got a clue on how to make that. If you could point me to some mouse macro vb tutorials I'm sure I would be able to learn about it. Or it would even be beter if you, or someone else could take the time and prog it.

Thanks in advance,
pc-fr34k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom