Cloning WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drworm2005

In Runtime
I have tried making an unattended copy of my WinXP CD but after adding SP2/Latest Hotfix's/SATA Drivers/GPU Drivers/Mobo Drivers etc etc etc it has ended up taking alot longer to install the OS.

Normal OS= Approx15=20mins
Unattended copy= 1-1.5hours

I was thinking it would be better to install a copy of WinXP with all the things i need and then clone it to a spare HDD so when i want/need to reinstall my OS it would still only take 15-20 mins to transfer the files.

What would be the best Way/Program to do this cloning process.

Drworm2005.

Do you know of a site where i can get a trial version of this program, i tried a search but couldn't find it.

Drworm2005.

Blitze105 said:
Ill be online later...

\/

huh?

I would agree to though I use Norton Ghost and it works awesome. Although I think some people were having issues with SATA drives. I have only used it on IDE drives so perhaps a SATA ghost user can comment on that. Well worth the money.

Win2kpatcher said:
huh?

I would agree to though I use Norton Ghost and it works awesome. Although I think some people were having issues with SATA drives. I have only used it on IDE drives so perhaps a SATA ghost user can comment on that. Well worth the money.

Yeah i wanted to do my install on my SATA drive and then clone it to a IDE drive (My thinking was all SATA files would be installed and cloned to IDE).

Can anyone else who has used Norton Ghost with a SATA HDD share some info, Any problems/Any Fixes.

Drworm2005.

Yes I am interested as well. The only reason I have concern is due to what I have read from peoples problems with SATA and ghost. Maybe I will try it at work for my own personal knowledge.

I also have concern cause I had problmes ghosting from a external USB drive to an IDE drive. I have personally NEVER had a problem with IDE to IDE operations or CD/DVD to IDE operations however I should experiment with newer technologies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom