Cloning 1 computer - paste to multiple computers

hawaiian style

In Runtime
Hey guys,
So I'm interning at a small IT business. I was charged with the task of updating, installing software, and creating users. After that, clone the system to put on the other computers (5) to save time installing and updating.

I found a trial software (R-drive image) I wanted to try this on. Its currently making the image but will take 8+ hours to complete.

After the image is finished being created, how would I go about installing this image to the other 5 computers? Wont there be issues with service tag numbers and all that?

The computers are for the same company so the software is registered for multiple users. Im just concerned about the OS side of things.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

OS system:
windows 7 (downgraded from 10)

Either get a dual docking station to clone the HDD or learn and install an MDT server with WAIK (this will impress them).

You can use something like Macrium Reflect: Macrium Reflect Free

All you need to do is setup one PC, then connect the hard drive you want to clone to (either internally or via USB) and choose the "clone this disk" option. Worked 100% of the time for me so far :D repeat the clone for the other 3 remaining PCs and you're pretty much done.
I've actually found this to be way quicker than using a dual docking station. The stations aren't intelligent and just do a block-level copy across the entire hdd. But the software only copies the used sectors, so should complete in less than half the time.

If you were going to have to deploy more than 5 computers I'd say setup an MDT image, but in this case that'll likely be overkill.

I should probably clarify, are these 5 PCs all the same model/make?

You can use something like Macrium Reflect: Macrium Reflect Free

All you need to do is setup one PC, then connect the hard drive you want to clone to (either internally or via USB) and choose the "clone this disk" option. Worked 100% of the time for me so far :D repeat the clone for the other 3 remaining PCs and you're pretty much done.
I've actually found this to be way quicker than using a dual docking station. The stations aren't intelligent and just do a block-level copy across the entire hdd. But the software only copies the used sectors, so should complete in less than half the time.

If you were going to have to deploy more than 5 computers I'd say setup an MDT image, but in this case that'll likely be overkill.

I should probably clarify, are these 5 PCs all the same model/make?

Thank you!!! Yes they are all the same computer models. :)

^Used to be my go-to program, but I don't like that you have to boot off it :p with Macrium I don't even have to shut down, just plug in new drive and re-detect disks, start macrium and clone. By far the quickest method I've used so far :D

It is simpler just using a dual docking station... you do not require a computer.. and can just pop out the hdd and put in another one once cloned.

software is good if you dont want to buy a dual station or prefer more detail during the process and transfer speed..

but all ways works, it up to you!

It is simpler just using a dual docking station... you do not require a computer.. and can just pop out the hdd and put in another one once cloned.

software is good if you dont want to buy a dual station or prefer more detail during the process and transfer speed..

but all ways works, it up to you!

Depends on how scalable you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom