Clone secondary monitor from laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No before I was asking how to stop my laptop from automatically cloning to my secondary monitor.

Now I am trying to figure out how to turn cloning on because I am playing MAME arcade games and I want to see them on the larger secondary monitor. When MAME runs it automatically launches on the primary monitor.

Please help

Do you want clone or span? Clone will just show the same desktop twice. Span will use both of them. All of this is available in the nvidia control panel or the ATi Control Panel. Depending on what type of video device you use. You never answered that question last time.

I understand what you're getting at. You want to play Mame on your secondary monitor, but it isn't made for a 2 monitor setup like Powerpoint is. So since it won't just put the game on your 2nd monitor, you want to clone your primary so that you can see the game on both screens.

I'm not using XP anymore, so I don't remember the exact wording. But if you right-click your desktop and choose Properties, then click the Display Settings tab, you can uncheck the 'Extend the Desktop onto this Monitor' setting. When that setting is unchecked, it should clone. If that alone doesn't do it, you may also have to click the Advanced Settings button and look around in there to see if there is a clone option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom