Clone C to a partition on different drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Is this possible? I have installed Acronis True image, but to clone a drive it will remove the partitions on the receiving one which is no good for my needs. Is there any software which will allow me to do this?

(I don't have the time to devote to getting my PC back to how I like it, software, configuration etc.)

Thanks.

Why not image the drive rather then clone it? Images are stored as compressed files not as partitions. Acronis does this.

Or if you just want a exact clone partitions an all, you could use Ghost.

C is a 250GB hard drive with just the single partition. I want to move it over to a 195GB partition on a 1TB drive.

Thinking reinstall would be better though.

Ghost will do it, I have migrated from one drive to another just by ghosting it.

G (Will be windows): 195GB
L (Will be Ubuntu): 52.5GB
M (Media): 683GB (Just finished copying everything over, 311GB free)

I only want to have 1 HDD in the PC. The rest are going into Server for backups.

G (Will be windows): 195GB
L (Will be Ubuntu): 52.5GB
M (Media): 683GB (Just finished copying everything over, 311GB free)

I only want to have 1 HDD in the PC. The rest are going into Server for backups.

Is this "G (Will be windows): 195GB" already partitioned and ready to be used?

Is this "G (Will be windows): 195GB" already partitioned and ready to be used?

Yes, gave it a slow format when I got the drive.

I am ready to format now though and it is probably a good idea as it has been 5 months since the last install (but has been kept clean and so is fast still).

Is that 195gb partition a primary partition or a logical partition? If it's a logical partition convert it to a primary partition. Acronis can then be used to clone your present C: drive over to its new home. Acronis will allow you to clone a 250gb drive to a 195gb partition as long as the 250 drive has less than 195gb used space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom