Click files, but won't open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neglito

Baseband Member
Hey, there are some problems with some of the files on my computer, like Remote Assistance and iTunes. When I click the, the cursor turns to a hourglass like it should, showing that it is loading. Then it stops, goes back to the regular cursor and nothing happens. I don't have any viruses or anything like that. Any ideas? Thanks.

I've had clients with similiar issues. Do this so I can get a better grasp of what exactly is happening.

Open up your task manager. Go to the processes tab. Organize them by image name and widen it out a little so you can see Image name to Memory usage.

Ok now click the Itunes or whichever ones are giving you issues opening and watch your svchost.exe files. You will have a few. Check if one of the memory Usages suddenly increases or if a new svchost.exe opens up.

If one opens or increases dramatically end the process and start your program again.

Post back the results so I can help you further. This is just testing to diagnose the issue.

Alright I did that, and the iTunes .exe showed up for a second, then disappeared. None of the svchost.exe files increased dramaticly, nor did another one appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom