clearing off the dust OR: pc maintainence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcjensen

Solid State Member
Hi everybody,

I just returned to my beloved PC after a nine-month sojourn in China. It's in a pretty sad state...it's old, sluggish, my 13 year-old sister has installed a bunch of kiddie games on it, etc, etc.

I plan to upgrade my hardware soon. But besides that, is there anything you experts recommend I do to get it running a little more smoothly and healthily? This can range from just dusting off the inside to defragging my hard drive to doing whatever.

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Tasslehoff said:

That guide is a waste of time. You do not want all of those un-needed programs, it will clog your computer.

Ok your best thing is to clean out all of the dust inside of the computer, make sure the heatsink fins are clear of any debris.

The easiest thing to do is just do a complete reinstall of windows, it will run like new! Also after you get the new reinstall, you should put a password on it so your sister cannot get on.

Now you should defrag your HD around every week. Or after you install/delete alot of programs.

to keep the startup nice and tidy if you should goto
START> RUN> msconfig> STARTUP> uncheck all of the unnesecary items that you do not want to startup automatically.

Also A/V is needed, and a 3rd party browser ( Mozilla Firefox, Opera )

If you donr want to reload it, defrag the hell out of it and run a scandisk and then get some spyware programs and run the hell out of them, and go to add/remove and take out unneeded things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom