Cleaning the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthetic

Baseband Member
I was wondering if cleaning your Windows registry actually boosts system performance? If so, which are some good applications to use?

And remember folks, free is good.

:D

I don't believe that Asthetic had his question answered - does cleaning the registry boost performance?

jbc said:
I don't believe that Asthetic had his question answered - does cleaning the registry boost performance?
Yes thank you for noticing. Does anyone know if it does?

it mostly just gets rid of unnecessary junk, therefore cleaning up your HD. If you have barely any HD space left, cleaning up the unussed registry info might actually help with more HD space, but not make the computer "faster"

Registry tweeking however, can make massive improvments on the computer. Often people with large amounts of RAM, good CPU cache's, high speed internet (I have 10mb (www.blueyonder.co.uk) at home so I did some internet tweeking) can benifit from tweeking the registry. There are programs that help you do this, but there are alot of guides around to help you tweek things, this is if course, FREE :D

A warning though, while registry tweeking is not difficult as its more jsut copying from a guide, it can mess your system up so be advised only for pro's, and back-up ur registry befor hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom