Clean Install Of Windows 7 on Acer 6930G Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter99507

Beta member
I just bought my Acer a couple of weeks ago and I have a question. Because I bought it after July I will receive a free copy of windows 7 when it releases. My question is, I want to do a clean install on windows 7 64 bit home premium. I have never loaded a new operating system before (I have only used the recovery disks) so I have a couple questions. My first question is when I install the clean install do I have to download and install the current drivers I am using on my computer? Video card, sound card, ect, or will windows automatically recognize my current hardware? If I do have to find them myself where can I find them? Will they be on the recovery disk Acer gave me? If that's the case how can I only load the drivers and not windows vista? I am sure I can get them from Acers website but I am looking for the easiest way. Would “windows update” find them for me?

Also my last question is there are a couple of applications that were previously loaded on the computer when I first started it up. The 2 main ones are Microsoft student office 2007 and Acers “empower” program (Erecovery, Eaudio, ect.) I use both of these programs and I don't want to lose them. Also because office came preinstalled I don't have a physical disk. Any help would be appreated. Thank you for your time

You can get all of the newest drivers from Acer's website. Acer Service & Support

It appears that the have the empower program available there as well. If you purchases MS Office Student they should have given you a disk or at least a product code for it. You should be able to contact Acer and get a physical copy if you cannot find it on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom