CHKNTFS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjalle[FIN]

Solid State Member
Hi, I have problem starting windows xp pro, I get to the point were windows asks "start windows normaly" after that it takes 2 seconds then the computer restarts again.

I have tyed this before but it dosent work this time.

using the XP CD, boot it up. run installation, after that, press F8 to agree and then press R to repair, and it goes to dos, were I write chkdsk/r and it repair every thing.

After pressing R this time, I get the following text on the screen.

A problemhas been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file:ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I've tried with a bootdisk to run chkdsk and chkdsk at the MS-DOS prompt but I always get the same answer, this program can not be run in Dos mode.

Im pretty sure I can get the computer to work again if I get the chkdsk or chkntfs to work in MS-DOS.
Is it so that windows should start the checkdisk next time it starts, after I have writen chkntfs /d in the MS-DOS?

So I need any help I can get and I would be grateful for a chknfts that works in dos.

Mathias

to run chkdsk, boot to win xp cd. On the first screen, press R to repair. then, Press F for fast repair. next, Press c for the recovery console. it should prompt you for which installation to repair, the choices will appear on the screen. you'll get a command prompt. run chkdsk

I have tried that all ready, and I just get the following blue screen on my monitor.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file:ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom