chkdsk running over and over! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried Safe Mode? That should allow you to get to a desktop and not go thru the check disk process.

is there a way to enter safe mode manually? other than selecting it from a menu?
because like i said... i get past the BIOS post screen... and then the black Windows loading screen... but it goes to the chkdsk before it gets to the blue Windows logon screen... so i got nothing...

also, the repair installation doesnt seem to have worked... it ran chkdsk again after i did it... im letting it run now tho, hoping its the last time :( - RK

Did you try to hit F8 right after the BIOS Screen. That is when you should be hitting it to get the Advanced Startup Menu.

edit: F8 didnt do anything... :/

i know F2 is BIOS settings (but Dell has them pretty limited) and F12 is the boot menu, so...

how do i get to that black screen with the white writing where i can choose safe mode, or last good known configuration, or start Windows normally... all that stuff?

That is the advanced boot menu. F8 is how you get there.

So you will have to try and fix this from teh XP CD Recovery Console.

Press F8 right after post, but right before the windows loading screen comes up... Or pull the plug while windows is initialy loading.

EDIT: Grr... Posted right before I did...

That is the advanced boot menu. F8 is how you get there.

So you will have to try and fix this from teh XP CD Recovery Console.

Press F8 right after post, but right before the windows loading screen comes up... Or pull the plug while windows is initialy loading.

haHA!
i wasnt pushing it enough times or at the right time or w/e... okay, its logging in in safe mode right now... now howtheheck do i make it stop checking the disks again? (ill look it up, but if you can type it before i can find it, thatd work too... haha)

GAH! NOW THE SAFE MODE BOOT IS HANGING UP AT agp440.sys! WTH! :(((

thanks! :D - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom