chkdsk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWebSolutions

In Runtime
Hello all I have a problem. I am trying to run defrag on windows xp pro. Well when I do it tells me that chkdsk /f has been seculed to run. Well I reboot and nothing happens, just a normal windows boot. And this keep s happening. Can someone tell me how to make the computer not think it has a chkdsk schuled.

Thank you,
William

I can test it but it cant fix it (NTFS thing). But I already did that and still nothing happened and I still cant do a DEFRAG.

No nothing there. Is there just a way to tell Windows not to do a CHKDSK or something? Is there something I have to deleate or edit to have this happen? If so please tell me.

William

after you have run chkdsk /r from CMD check the registry to make sure this entry is there:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager

Value: BootExecute

Data(Multiple Unicode strings):
autocheck autochk /r \??\C: autocheck autochk *

are you running any antivirus or security software that could be restricting access to the registry?

Its ok everybody I got it to work. It was Bitdefender that was blocking it from running. I just went into Microsfts Support site and read there newsgroups. I just had to make it start in safemode by defult and it did it so everything works just fine now. Thanx for all your help people.

William

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom