Checkered Flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hello,
Its me the guy using windows ME OS.
Now that microsoft is taking its old junkies to scrapyard, i thought it better to ask. Why isn't there any aministration tools provided in windowsME OS like the ones(i read in a book) with windows2000.
There is no aministrative control which i can look forward to, this thought came over when i found out that there was no 'folder options' icon in my control panel. Even when i clicked one of its links provided(in help section), it said- 'this requisite is restricted, please contact your system administrator.'
In windows2000 there are administrative tools, which work with co-accordance with Microsoft Management Console(which surprisingly is provided in winME). Is there any third-party programs which give benefits like system policy editor, admin control and rights etc etc. just like found on winNT and win2000; which then could be gathered in MMC?

Any solutions?

---------------
phantom

may i ask why ur still using ME? 98se is even better than that. plus if ur able to run ME u can run 2000

as for third-party programs i dont know of any but every other OS i do. im sure there are a few out there. ME was the least popular and least successful OS from microsoft so there was never too much made for it. maybe u could use one of the 98 tools since ME was built from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom