Changing Resolution in Safe Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
Can anyone tell me how to change the resolution in safe mode with Windows XP. I can't do it by going through the normal properties and settings window. I need to do it in regedit. Anyone know how to do it in regedit?

safe mode is not meant for use normally.. It's only used when u need to troubleshoot something, so it loads minimal drivers and other stuff to keep your system sane.. I wouldn't be surprised if it only loaded generic Windows drivers.. However, try search on google, there might be something that'll help you :D

Yea I guess you can not change the default driver in safe mode because it's made to load the standard 8 bit VGA driver.

The only thing I'm aware of for changing resolution in safemode is from 800x600 to 600x400 or the other way. This is due to the display driver. without a driver that runs the advanced features of the display adapter windows won't beable to do much.
I know you can change the resolution to one of the above to corect a missconfigured setting, but that is all I have ever seen.
As to the setting being in the registry, that maybe true, but the display system will not redraw that to any other resolution other than 800x600 or 600x400, without a reboot, since you don't have dynamic updates with safemode...

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom