Change windows 7 login screen. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Ghost

Default Change windows 7 login screen.

NOW before you say use logonstudio this is actually not what I want. I already have a custom background. What I want is to change the Welcome word when your logging in. So when you enter your name and password and press enter it says Welcome with that little blue circle spinning, I would like to change welcome to Access Granted. Is this possible?

Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Change windows 7 login screen.

Welcome Log On Text Message - Change - Windows 7 Forums

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Ghost

Thanks CarnageX
Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Open the the run and type the text 'regedit'. Click ok button. You will get a window with 'registry editor', now go to file choose export. A new window will appear name and save the file and click all in the radio button under export range. Go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr ent Version\Policies\System. Click police folder and write click and select modify on the legalnoticecaption file. Small window will appear type the message you wish to. Close the window and restart the system you will find your message instead of the welcome screen.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbaynaard View Post
Open the the run and type the text 'regedit'. Click ok button. You will get a window with 'registry editor', now go to file choose export. A new window will appear name and save the file and click all in the radio button under export range. Go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr ent Version\Policies\System. Click police folder and write click and select modify on the legalnoticecaption file. Small window will appear type the message you wish to. Close the window and restart the system you will find your message instead of the welcome screen.
What exactly are you changing there. Because I asked about the background as in the blue image with the accounts not what it says when I click my account and enter my password.