Change system manufaturer's screen at boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I have an eMachine which serves me well. But i hate having to be blinded by the glare of their logo screen when I fire up the computer.

I am using BootSkin to change the Windows boot screen, but is there any way to change or eliminate the system manufacturer's logo screen? Or is it build into the BIOS?

I think it might be build into the BIOS. If you know the mobo manufactorer see if you can find a BIOS flash upgrade or just find your current BIOS directly from them. That should eliminate the manufacturer's screen.

sometimes in the bios you can turn off the splace screena nd view the post instead, since its from them, it might not be there, but then again, it might

Sometime you can bypass it with just hitting ESC. But with my Dell that i use i cant disable the screen from within the BIOS. So i just leave the PC running and walk away for a few minutes when i have to reset it. :p

I was using quick boot, but couldn't find an entry in BIOS.

But The Major's TAB trick seems to have worked.

Thanks, all.

if hitting tab disable quick boot (which it is suppose to do), then there should be a bios setting for you to disable it

EricB said:
if hitting tab disable quick boot (which it is suppose to do), then there should be a bios setting for you to disable it

Not usually in pre-manufactured PCs. You usually must look at the manufacturer's logo when you turn on the PC. I know thats how it was with my HP that I used to have.

You may be able to disable it but no I don't think you can that image is built right into the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom