change system info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
how do you change the system information under control panel?

systeminfo2.jpg

i have seen Emachines, and Dells with custom ones, how would i do that?

You can do it but it takes a special application. I think TweakXP or the CustomizerXP that EricB shared with me a while back can do it. Other times it is just a patch on the system to make the System Properties to make it look that way. I have seen some custom ones done and they set up some kind of patch to so it.

There are a few that I used years ago in order to find the best one. Unfortunatly, they are on a computer that I'm fixing at my other house so I don't have access to them at this second. I believe it was OEMLogoChanger or something like that. Either way, all 3 apps were freeware. Try a google search for "OEM LOGO CHANGER" or "CUSTOM OEM LOGO WINDOWS"

It really helped with support issues. You can edit everything with a nice GUI interface.

talldude123 said:
i have seen tweaks on the web, but im too lazy to look.

I guess i will have to google..

You tell everyone else to google for their simple questions yet you cant do it for this simple question???

This took 30 seconds to post.

WinXPSysPropCustomManufacturer.jpg

Show Computer Manufacturer and Support Information (All Windows)
This tip lets you include company and support information on the System Properties page in Control Panel. This is especially useful if you run a computer store and want your customers to be reminded where they bought their PC and where to get technical support.

To add the manufacturer and support information you need to create two new files in the Windows system directly, normally "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM" for Windows 95, 98 and Me and "C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32" for Windows NT and 2000.

The first file is a text file called "OEMINFO.INI". To create the file open notepad and copy the template below, make any changes and save the file in the System directory.

OEMINFO.INI Template

[General]
Manufacturer=Your Company, Inc.
Model=Your Computer Model
SupportURL=http://your.support.site/
LocalFile=c:\your\local\support\file.htm

[Support Information]
Line1=first line
Line2=second line
Line3=third line
Line4=fourth line
LineN=nth line
; Create as many lines as you need by incrementing the Line number
The other file you need to create is a logo file. This is a standard Windows bitmap file (172 x 172 pixels), saved as "OEMLOGO.BMP" in the Windows System directory.

Once you have created both these files open System Properties from Control Panel and your company information and logo will be displayed. The details you entered in the [Support Information] section will show up when you click on the Support Information button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom