Certification?

Thorax_the_Impaler

Minecraft Veteran
I apologize ahead of time if this question does not belong here but I didn't see any other alternative as for some reason I guess I'm not "allowed" to post this in the Off-Topic Discussion.

I'll just get to the point; recently I went into my local computer repair shop asking for a job. The man I spoke to (I'm assuming he is the owner) said he was indeed looking for another person to help him with his work. But he said as of now he can't hire me because I am not Microsoft Certified. (The shop is a partner of Microsoft so certification is required.) So how would I go about getting certified? I've done some research on my own but I am no closer to understanding what the exam I will have to take entails. For any of you who are Microsoft Certified or just know what it is, what is on the exam? And what would I have to study for?

Ask him specifically which certification he is looking for. Microsoft has an exam for just about every one of their products (literally hundreds). More than likely he's looking for a Windows 7 certification or something similar.

It's pretty simple process:
1. Purchase a book to study, for example Windows 7 is 70-680. Search for study material and books on that. (professormesser.com is another good one).
2. Sign up for the exam. It will cost $150 dollars, right now they are offering a second shot, which means if you sign up and use the second shot voucher when signing up for your exam if you fail - you get a second shot for free.
3. Pass the exam, study your a$$ off
4. your now an MCP :)

Back
Top Bottom