CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

leemaree

Baseband Member
Can u put different windows 98 CD's in a Dell computer? I tryed that and it said on the screen 'This computer only for a.. for example gateway cd. Are ther different file on them? Can u shift the files around for the win98 cd to accept any computer?

Put win 98 onto a dell, trying to get it up and running for someone else. I can't get win98 anywhere. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Are you booting to win98 or trying to put it in when the computer is already on. You should be able to boot the the 98 cd without a problem.

I tell u what i did :

I put in the win 98 boot floppy, restarted the computer, and picked 'Start computer with CD-ROM support' . At the A: Prompt (A:\>) I type D: to start the disk. At the D: prompt (D:\>) I type setup and press enter and it goes back to D:\>

I want a copy of win 98. I thought it would be cheap or downloadable but it's not

at the d:\ prompt type dir. This should list all the files on the cd. You may need to use dir /p to seperate by page. Make sure the cd has a setup.exe. Where did you get this win98 cd, or do you not even have one?

I have only a win98 compaq CD that I copied on a CD-R. I know it dosen't go on a dell but I hoping it could be by-passed? Other that that I have none.

It should still work. Instead of using the 98 startup disk, set the bios to boot to cd and leave the 98 cd in the drive, see if it can read the cd and install right off of that.

Do you know what bit TORRENT is, you should SPY that on google SEARCH, you should find WIN98 help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom